MANAGEMENT OF PAPAYA MEALYBUG
- Prune the entire mulberry garden and make in to one batch. (If 2 batches are maintained, the pest will migrate from one garden to adjoining garden. To avoid this prune the entire garden at one time).
- Collect the pruned shoots along with infested portions in polythene bags. Place these cut infested portions on burning fire.
- Immediately after pruning, spray 0.2 % DDVP (25ml in 10 lts water) over the pruned stumps and surrounding soil.
- Burn all dry branches, shoots present in and around mulberry field by taking it out of the plot.
- 2nd spray of 0.1% Roger 10 – 15 days after pruning (30ml in 10lts)
- 3rd spray of 0.2% DDVP 10 days after 2nd spray.
- 5 days after 3rd spray, release predatory lady bird beetles (Cryptolaemus montrouzieri or Scymnus coccivora) @ 250/500 beetles for 1 acre.